Wednesday, July 8, 2009

I'm such a liar...........

So on my last post I said 'no baby yet' when actually at that time I was 3 weeks pregnant! I know, it’s amazing. I had no clue till I was 8 weeks. The symptoms that I was having were also side effects from the medication that I was taking, but once I stopped taking the meds and the 'side effects' were still happening I decided to take a home test. And to my shock the little purple line showed up right away. I couldn't believe it, and neither could Kyle. Luckily I had a req. form to get a pregnancy test though blood work, so we grabbed that and went to the lab place that’s about a 3 min drive from our house. So about 2 hours after I got home I called the fertility clinic (because they would get the results, and they usually get them right away) and talked to one of the ladies there. She went and checked and said that they got them and that they were positive!!! YAY!!! She told me to book an appointment with my family doctor and then we would go from there. So because we found all this out on a Saturday I couldn't call my doctor and book an appointment. So instead I called my mom... this is how that went... (A being me, and S being my mom"
A - "hi mom"
S - "hi Amanda, how are you?"
A - "I’m good, guess what"
S - "what?"
A - "guess"
S - "your pregnant"
A - "YUP!"(Me starting to cry)
S - "oh my gosh" (she totally wasn't expecting that)
A - "I know"
S - "are you crying?"
A - "yeah" (sobbing)
S - "happy crying?" (As she starts to cry)
A - "yeah" (sob)
S - "okay"
A - "you can tell Brooks"
S - "okay"
A - "but not a whole bunch of other people"
S - "okay"
A - "I’m going to e-mail every one"
S - "okay"
A - "talk to you later"
S - "love you"
A - "love you too mom"

That’s how that went. On Sunday I decided that she could tell whomever she wanted. I guess she tried to call everyone but no one would answer, so she e-mailed all her family. She was very happy.

As something fun I wanted to tell Kyle’s parents (and my dad and sister) in a different way. So we went to wal-mart and bought 4 coffee mugs and some special markers that can write on ceramic (?). And wrote "#1 Grandpa" on 2 and "#1 Grandma" on the other, and "#1 Aunt" on the 4th. We went to Kyle’s parents house first, gave it to them and Mike (Kyle's dad) burst into tears, he cried for probley 45 min's like a little girl, and Cheri (Kyle's mom) cried too, just not as much as Mike. So we were there for a bit, Mike called his Mom and talked to her for a little about it. He was very happy. So after we left there I called my dad to see if he was home. He said that he was working in the back on his truck; I said that we might stop by because I needed to drop something off. Then we made our way over. When we got there he was under his truck. We then waited for him to get out and I gave him the mug, told him to look at the other side and then his eyes went huge "REALLY???" and I said yeah, he got all teary eyed and gave me a big hug. He was so happy that he too called his family members right away, at least the ones that would answer. He talked to my aunt for a while, and then I talked to her. It was nice to see him so happy. Now it’s all he talks about. Which I’m okay with because it’s all I talk about too.

So now that I am at 12 weeks (3 months) I’m letting the whole world know. I figure that I am either due December 28th or January 18th. I have no clue. Because if you think about it, December 28th is 36 weeks. Which is 9 months, but because some months have more then 4 weeks in it it’s confusing... I’ll be 40 weeks on January 18th, so I think that would be my due date. But I don’t know. I’ll have to ask my doctor when I go in 2 weeks. I have a little list that I keep writing questions down on, and that has now been added. I didn't think to ask when I was there last week. So anyways. My doctor doesn't do the whole delivery thing, she said that the only baby that will be waking her up at 3am will he her own. She will send me to someone at the peter lougheed hospital, its about 15 min’s away from my house and really easy to get to. But until I go see that person I will go and see my normal doctor every 4 weeks.

So that’s my super exciting news that I wanted to share with everyone. We are SUPER EXCITED about it. So anyways. I better be getting back to work.

Amanda

3 comments:

~Pam said...

congrats. Very exciting for you.

Anonymous said...

You should keep an eye on your advancement. Weigh oneself on a regular basis or calculate your forearms for instance. This will help determine if you happen to be working out efficiently and it will be easy to put practical desired goals for your self. You ought to achieve a steady growth of your muscles based on your past development. [url=http://www.x21w12w21.info]Interfgfgf[/url]

Anonymous said...

In case you are delaying stop smoking as a consequence of problems about an increase in weight, never ever anxiety. Keep in mind that it would take approximately seventy-5 various lbs of an increase in weight ahead next to the health threats linked to regular tobacco use. If you are concerned about excess weight, think about changing your smoking cigarettes practice using a health and fitness center regular membership, instead. [url=http://www.ss12w12ws.info]Ertrg4w7878[/url]