Friday, May 23, 2008

1st Shower...and wedding stuff...

Well last night i had my first of two bridal showers, it was really nice. It was at my Aunt Sherron's house, Kyle's mom(Cheri) and I got there at 6:30(it didn't start till 7:00 but oh well, i like being early). Then everyone else started filling in. 3 aunts, a bunch of cousins(8), Heather(my sister), Cheri, and a family friend(Val). we ate some little finger foods and cake. Then played the "spice game" its where you take a bunch of different spices and put them unmarked(aside from numbers) little cups and pass them around and then everyone writes down what they think is what. i got 5 out of 12 right. my Aunt Nancy and cousin Kim won, i think they got 8/12 right, so they won some stuff from bath and body works(its like the body shop, just bigger and better, and in the states). and then i opened presents. From Aunt Wendy and Andrea i got a big picture frame(with 7 photo spaces on them), a cutting board and a cheese grater(all things on my registry). Aunt Sherron gave me a bunch of stuff from bath and body works, Val(family friend) gave me a gift card to pier one, my cousin Danielle gave me a gift card for a movie theater. Melani(cousin) gave me a really nice chefs knife, and The Bullocks(Aunt Nancy, Cousin's Kim, Tara, Madi, Jeneal, and Charity) all pitched in and got us the dish set that we registered for. My aunt Sherron brought up a gift from my Grandma(in Utah). In there was 2 cooking sheets, a cook book(a really good one too), and something that my grandpa made. I didn't want to open it because i knew that i would start crying, but i did anyways, and i started crying, then aunt sherron started, then nancy, heather, kim, wendy, and andrea. but thats okay. i was very happy to get it. so yeah, it was a good night. we left at 9:00 and got home at 9:30, i drove. we made kyle come out and take the dishes in. it was alot of fun.

i'm looking foward to my shower next week out in Carmangay with my dad's family. and then the week after that its the wedding. very exciting stuff.

Heather will come over on sunday and we are going to make up the little party favors. so i have to go out and buy the candy tonight or tomorrow. as well as doing up the other center pieces. i have a list of stuff that i need to do. as well as picking up my dress. which i will do tomorrow. so i have a very exciting busy weekend. and next weekend i will be at the other shower and in Lethbridge so i wont have time to do any of this stuff. and as i am typing this i keep thinking of other things that i need to do. so i am just writing them down as i go. so again, a very busy weekend.

i am hoping we can get all the wedding stuff done as well as putting carpet in the computer room.
last weekend we did our bedroom. and it looks awesome. so it would be nice to get the other room done as well. we have the carpet for that room in one of the other bedrooms downstairs and once we get that roll of carpet out of there we will be able to clean up that room, maybe even get it painted, and have that all sorted out. then i think we will have our house in pretty good shape. so once again, a very very busy weekend ahead of me. but thats okay. but i better get back to work. bye byee for now...

No comments: